I just can't.....
Another outbreak, another flare
What am I to do?
How many times must I say
I can't come see you.
I've said it once
Even said it twice
Why do you not hear?
I've made it plain and simple
I've made it quite clear.
I have Chronic Illness'
Hidranitis Suppurlativa, Migraines
Fibromyalgia, too
Come see for your own witness
It's not a slight to you.
No, I will not ask for help
Or beg you to help with my duties
I'd rather suffer in silence
Than ask for a handful of groupies
I didn't wish or ask for this curse
Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
Yes, I've read the Book of Job
It only works so much for therapy.
No, I'm not mad at you
I live a tricky existence
Boils, headaches and flu like pain
Praying for my body's resistance.
Sometimes I don't answer your text or call
All I want to do is complain
You'd get tired of hearing it all
I get tired of trying to explain.
I haven't been anywhere or had any fun
Seriously, nothing to talk about.
Unless you want to hear chores I've done
And listen to me pout.
I really just need to get groceries today
Epsom salt, gauze, and band aids
But, of course to my dismay
My energy too soon fades.
Consider these words, I've told you thrice
I'm fighting for my own survival
Unless you've been there, there's no advice
And I'm not living in denial.
So pardon me for feeling confused
But I can give you one tip
I haven't a last nerve that's left unused
Even for your guilt trip.
Comments
Post a Comment