Cymbalta ... here I come!

Well, I went back to the doc last week. Since I started taking the Lyrica, I've gained close to 20 lbs. I was still having the occasional pain that keeps me down. I've been trying to do things to drop the weight, but alas, the fibro takes over. Add in some shin splints and you get the picture.

Doc decided to ween me off the Lyrica and try Cymbalta. I could tell a difference in only 2 days. I feel like my spirit is returning! It's been a long time since I felt up to par, so I am excited to see where this leads. The first 3 days I felt really tired, but the pain started to diminish. I napped and went to bed early on those days. I'm trying to keep a decent schedule (It's very hard right now, my beloved OKC Thunder is in the 2nd round of the playoffs.) I've been able to play with my puppy outside a few times and day and actually stand long enough to cook dinner twice this week.

I have really high hopes. I have twinges in my shoulders and hip every once in a while, but nothing I can't handle. I am hoping this will help with my migraines as well. I've had debilitating headaches for years and have tried so many medications, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence is Deafening

Crappy Times