Just a little rain
I tremble at the thought of another storm
I wonder if it will be fierce and quick
Never see the direction it is from
Or a slow, steady, continuous drip
Each way can ruin the nourished land
With a peculiar way to strike
One most silent and the other grand
Trying to overtake the dike
The clouds open in hatred and fury
Boisterous, malevolent, cutting with spite
The land stands and takes it bravely
For it is ... it's birthright!
The monotonous drizzle does the same
But it is shrewd and calculating
Some would say "it's just a little rain"
No doubt the best at manipulating
You can use your lightning torch
And your subtle swooning waves
This tough layer you can't scorch
Or even begin to scathe!
I will stand watch and prepare for both
My plans you can not foil
To myself a solemn, ardent oath
You won't erode my soil
~Tina McNeill
Comments
Post a Comment